UnitedHealthOne - Indiana Plan Descriptions
UnitedHealthOne is the brand name of the UnitedHealthcare family of companies that offers personal health insurance products. Golden Rule Insurance Company, a UnitedHealthcare company, is the underwriter and administrator of these plans. With over 60 years of experience servicing individuals and families, Golden Rule provides high-quality products, timely claims handling, and outstanding customer service.
If you are looking for well-designed plans, with great optional add-on benefits, United HealthOne/Golden Rule plans are a great choice.
Short Term Medical Plans and Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans are also available. The individual health insurance plans are described below:
Copay Select Plans are more like traditional employer plans with $35 co-payment for routine health care expenses. When you use a network doctor for an office visit, the plan psyas 100% of history and exam fees after a $35 copay. Families with young children who have regularly scheduled doctor visits and adults who want copay benefits for doctor visits and prescriptions drugs will benefit most from a Copay Select Plan.
Copay Select plan highlights include:
|Copay Select Deductibles|
- Preventive care benefits for adults and children
- Unlimited office visits ($35 copayment)
- Unlimited lifetime maximum
- Prescription drug co-payments for generic and brand name drugs
- Tier 1 drugs - $15 copay
- Tier 2 drugs - $35 copay*
- Tier 3 drugs - $65 copay*
- Tier 4 drugs - you pay 25%*
(*please note there is a $500 calendar year deductible for Tier 2-4 drugs)
High Deductible Plans
Insurance agents sometimes refer to High Deductible Plans as catastrophic coverage. They offer lower premiums to individuals and families willing to take a higher deductible. High Deductible plans are good plan options for individuals looking for low cost protection from unexpected illness and accidents and early retirees needing a bridge to Medicare.
Plan 100 is one of UnitedHealthOne's most popular plans because it's simple to use and understand. This plan provides comprehensive coverage including, doctor visits, prescriptions, labs and hospitalization, while giving you a choice of deductibles, so you can adjust your premium to fit your budget. Once you meet your deductible, the plan pays 100% of all covered expenses for the rest of the calendar year. No 80/20, no 70/30, just 100%.
|Plan 100 Deductibles|
Plan 100 highlights include:
- Preventive care covered at 100%, deductible waived
- Prescription drug coverage (no charge after deductible)
- 100% coverage after deductible
Plan 80 is a popular choice for the budget-conscious consumer. This high deductible plan combines comprehensive coverage with 80% coinsurance, resulting in a lower premium, making it a popular choice among students, recent graduates, the unemployed, or anyone on a tight budget.
Plan 80 plan highlights include:
|Plan 80 Deductibles|
- Preventive care covered at 100%, deductible waived
- Coverage for In-network doctor office visits and prescription drugs: You pay 20% after calendar year deductible.
- Coverage for Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Expenses: You pay 20% after you meet calendar year deductible.
The Saver 80 Plan is designed to cover the big ticket items such as hospitalization, surgery, emergency room and expensive diagnostic tests like MRIs and CT Scans. By having an insurance plan that covers larger expenses while you pay for smaller day to day expenses, you can save a lot of money in your monthly premium. It does not cover smaller medical costs such as office visits and prescription drugs, but a prescription Discount Card is included.
|Saver 80 Deductibles|
Saver 80 Plan highlights include:
- Discount Rx card included
- Coverage for Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Expenses: You pay 20% after you meet calendar year deductible
- Low premium rates
Health Savings Account Plans
Health Savings Account (HSA) plans combine lower cost high deductible plans with network discounts and tax advantaged savings accounts. HSA Plans are great for persons interested in more control over how their health care dollars are spent, families interested in one annual deductible and savings on monthly premiums, or high income individuals looking for an additional tax shelter. UnitedHealthOne/Golden Rule offers Health Savings Account plan designs with deductibles from $2,500 to $12,500 for individuals with 100%, 80%, or 70% coinsurance.
HSA 100 provides significantly reduced premium costs by using higher deductibles while covering 100% of medical expenses after the deductible is met. This includes doctor office visit fees, prescription drugs, diagnostic testing, hospitalization, and surgery. There are no copays for doctor visits, but once the calendar year deductible is met the insurance will pay 100% of covered expenses.
|HSA 100 Deductibles|
HSA 100 Plan highlights include:
- Adult and child preventive care included
- One calendar year deductible for families. Once the deductible is met, the plan covers 100% of covered health expenses for the rest of the calendar year.
- Coverage for catastrophic care
HSA 70 is a popular plan that offers a lower premium than HSA 100 in exchange for 70% in-network coinsurance (instead of 100%). You still get all the tax advantages of a Health Savings Account that you can use for any qualified medical expense not covered by the plan.
|HSA 70 Deductibles|
HSA 70 Plan highlights include:
- Adult and child preventive care included before deductible is met.
- One calendar year deductible for families. Once the deductible is met, the plan covers 70% of covered health expenses for the rest of the calendar year.
- Coverage for Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Expenses: You pay 30% after you meet the deductible.